27.1.12

Day 27.

Never judge a book by it's cover...

As yesterday's post was much about judging yourself and others from their past I want you to also know...never to judge a book by it's cover...beauty is only skin deep as is compassion, love and kindness...these are all things you can't see at a first glance of the latest paperback or hard ass....opps I mean hard cover...

The world is becoming better at accepting differences, and personal style and expression.  I mean years ago there was much more racism and prejudice...and sadly there still is more than needed...but like I said getting better...nothing happens overnight right?

As an artistic person I went through many fazes of "outer skin"...from all black clothing to baggy clothes to maybe too tight and revealing...but the end result was me...same as always no changes made.  I was still polite and respected my elders, I still sang songs in the shower and I was still me...Heather...No matter what...if I decided to piece everything on my body that I possibly could and tattoo every inch...to dye my hair every color of the rainbow...I'd still be me...My cover might change...but the book I'm writing has not...the past chapters are still the same...only with more outer self expression.

You're not a thief because you wear baggy clothes and carry around bags...you're not a pot head because you listen to a musician that does it or because you hang out late at nights.  You are an outer expression of yourself a canvas to create...to dress for success of your own mind....embrace it...and let no one take away your cover....

Peace, Love, Luck & Laughter...xo

No comments:

Post a Comment