15.1.12

Day 15.

Today, I am happy...my life has been getting more organized, more mentally stable and more focused.

Today I want to tell you what happiness is to me...and want you to share a few things that make you happy.

Happiness can be given to you in an instant....and no one can take it away...just find those people, places and things (or as my English teacher would say NOUNS) that make you happy and go to that place in your heart...this is where eternal happiness comes from...I promise...once you find out what makes you happy...you never have to be sad...I've been learning this and it really works.

Happiness is....a walk at night...when the sky is clear on a gravel path, where the only sound I hear is the wind though the trees, the gravel underfoot and the sound of myself breathing.  The smell of still chilled air though my nose and into your lungs makes me calm...the starry sky full of angels watching over each and every one of us brings me peace.  Sometimes I like to just stop...lay down..and stare, smell, listen...

Happiness is....a beach, with warm breeze blowing my hair, salty sea kissing my face as the waves crash, soft sand massaging my feet and tickling my toes...Jumping through the waves as the cool water hits my skin...feeling like a kid again...careless, carefree....climbing on rocks to find a flat one to sit, watch the birds flying and diving, smelling the water, feeling the spray,  and hearing the waves crash (it's really no wonder they make cds with this stuff on it) there's nothing quite like it...

Happiness is...my camera...capturing a shot, a moment, that could escape the memory at any moment until it's frozen still forever, hearing the laughter of the child in front of it, or feeling the joy in the persons heart as they look into the eyes of their newborn...something I can see them doing but they could never watch themselves.  Capturing the last moments loved ones spend with one another before their journey on earth has ended...or making someone look at themselves the way I see them...a work of art...a unique beauty, and individual and seeing joy as they realize what I've seen to begin with....

Happiness is...the laughter of my growing older little girl and my not so little, little boy.  The sparkle that hits there eyes as they realize something amazing in the world.  The excitement they gather, the warmth from their hearts...the kisses from their little lips and the hugs from their tiny hands and arms...the small I love you's they say as I tuck them in tight...or just because....

These are just a few of mine...There are many places I could go to find happiness....I hope if you think long enough you have a large list as well.  This life gives us so much to be grateful for...use it...implement it in your daily lives, and let it keep you happy.

Peace, Love, Luck & Laughter...xo

No comments:

Post a Comment